Do you feel overwhelmed about your pregnancy? Do you feel worried about the pregnancy and the next chapter in your life? Do you want to develop skills to manage these worries?
Wellbeing during pregnancy is a 6 week group programme, which offers a supportive environment for expecting mothers. The group provides an opportunity to learn skills and strategies to cope with anxiety and worry. It is based on a Cognitive Behavioural model, run jointly by the Hounslow IAPT service (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) and the Midwife Team from the Antenatal Clinic at West Middlesex Hospital.
During the weekly group sessions we will aim to cover the following areas:
– Understanding anxiety, including what makes anxiety worse.
– Coping with symptoms of anxiety during pregnany.
– Preparing for the birth and for motherhood.
– Learning to relax and adjusting our lifestyle to improve our mood.
– Group discussions and peer support from other women who are experiencing anxiety during their pregnancy.