Hounslow Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) provide assessment and treatment of depression and anxiety and other related difficulties such as sleep problems and anger.
We use evidence-based therapies, in line with guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), as well as practical advice, support and signposting to help individuals manage and overcome their difficulties. Promoting positive mental wellbeing as suitable to individual needs.
We provide assessment and evidence-based talking therapy for the following difficulties:
- Excessive Worry (Generalised Anxiety)
- Social Anxiety
- Health Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Single incident Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Insomnia and other sleep related difficulties
- Psychological impact of Long Term Conditions
- Perinatal Mental Health Support for both Mums and Dads
- Other disorders such as Body Dysmorphia, Skin Picking and Hair Pulling, Self-Esteem related difficulties
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of the difficulties that we are able to support individuals with. If you are struggling with difficulties relating to your mental health that are not mentioned here please contact your GP, to discuss a referral to the most appropriate service.
In addition to talking therapy we also work in partnership with Twining Enterprise who offer employment support, which includes help with developing CVs and advice and support about returning to work or managing employment disputes.
What To Expect
***This content is coming soon….
How We Help
Hounslow IAPT offer a range of therapy and support options. Details of each of these can be found below.
Please note that individual options are discussed following assessment at which point your therapist will recommend the most suitable options based on your needs and the evidence-base.
Talking Therapy Options:
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
We offer CBT in a variety of formats
Workshops and Courses:
- Introduction to CBT
- My Mind and Bump
- My Mind and Baby
- Stress Control
- Worry Management Workshop
- Wellbeing Workshop
- Wellbeing for Mums
- Fighting Fear
- Get Back on Track
- Improving Self Confidence
- Living with a Long Term Condition
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
One to One Therapy – CBT/GSH/BCT/IPT
- Video Conferencing (Via Attend Anywhere or Microsoft Teams)
- My Mind Matters
*Please note that due to COVID-19 we are currently not offering face-to-face appointments
We offer brief counselling delivered by our partner organisation Anchor Counselling. More information about what they offer can be found here.
Should brief counselling options not be suitable there are a wide range of longer term low cost options that we are able to signpost to, as well as specialist counselling services for specific areas.